Goals (6 pts)
Kick (3 pts)- They can “drop punt”, “snap” the ball so it goes sideways , “banana” away from the body or a “torpedo” which is like an NFL spiral kick. The ball can also be kicked while on the ground, “soccer off the ground.”
Mark (3 pts)- A completed catch of a ball
Handball (2 pts)- Passing the ball to a teammate with a clenched fist
Ruck- The tallest player, like an NBA center, whose job it is the win ruck contests. Ruck contests are like jump balls in basketball called “ball up”
Defenders- They play against the opposition forward and defend their goal
Midfielders- Possess the ball more than any other player, the playmakers
- Key-Forwards- The tall offensive players. They mark the ball high and kick from all types of angles
- Crumbing-Fowards- Quick and small; avoid tackles to score
- Tackles are key. Good tacklers make up to 10 tackles a game (4 pts apiece)
- The Ruckman that wins the “hit out” or jump ball receives a point. A good Ruckman will win up to 35 “hit outs” a game.
- 90-100 points is an elite score. These usually come from the midfielders.
Full Slate Favorite Plays:
- Christian Petracca – MEL (7.4K): 27 disposals in his last match and gets a favorable opponent in Gold Coast.
- JY Simpkin – NOR (6.9K): Has double digit disposals in all 5 games so far this season. Very safe play for his price, better cash play than for GPPs.
- WCE Forwards: They have one of the best matchups on the slate against a Crows team giving up big points to the position. Jake Waterman, Jamie Cripps, and Oscar Allen are my favorites.
- Dom Sheed – WCE (6.3K): Coming off 93 and 111 fps in back to back games and gets the easiest matchup in the league. LOCK HIM IN!
- Elliot Yeo – WCE (6K): The theme of the night is to stack WCE and Yeo is another guy with 100 point upside at a cheap price.
- Hugh Greenwood – GCS (5.8K): 109 fantasy points last game and has double digit disposals in all but 1 game this season.
- Brayden Ainsworth – WCE (2.9K): Cheap? Check. Midfielder against the Crows? Check. STACK EM UP!
- Shannon Hurn – WCE (5.4K): 100 point upside against the lowly crows. You know the drill, stack up 1 defender, 1 forward and 2-3 midfielders from WCE tonight.
- Michael Hibberd -MEL (5.5K): Back to back 80+ fps performances and an impressive 26 disposals last game. I like his matchup against Gold Coast tonight.
- Callum Wilkie – STK (3.7K): Very aggressive defender with a solid 29 disposals over the last 3 games for a cheap tag.
- Rowan Marshall – STK (6.9K): FRE is giving up the 3rd highest points to Rucks in the league this season and since Marshall is solo rucking this week Ryder out he is the clear best play when factoring in price and opportunity.
- Todd Goldstein – NOR (8.3K): Very consistent player with a 97.2 fppg average. The Kangaroos are a sneaky play in general and I think Goldstein has a chance for a big game despite being listed as the underdogs.
Core Plays: Dom Sheed, Rowan Marshall, Shannon Hurn, Brayden Ainsworth