Today’s picks are below the cheat sheet!
Welcome to Day 3 of Tennis tournaments this week. This week They are in Rotterdam, New York and Buenos Aires. Day 3 goes back down to a weak 10 match slate.
- Super difficult sport. One of, if not the most high variance sport. So play smart!
- Slate start times are all over the place, including some middle of the night starts. So be mindful of start times and the fact that a late scratch is potential with Tennis.
- Tennis is not like most sports where you have to pay up for the top plays. There are no James Harden’s in Tennis where 1 player can score 40 points more than anybody else on the slate. It is rarely going to be worth paying all the way up for a player unless the slate allows it.
- Be careful about players who double fault a lot.
- Players with high upside AND favorites (as long as the price isn’t outrageous) are usually top tier plays.
Now that you have a better feel for Tennis DFS, let’s dig in.
Casper Ruud- Ruud comes into today as a massive favorite at -260. These 2 have played 3 times on clay with Ruud winning 2 in 2017 and Carballes Baena winning last year on clay. Ruud is supporting a 69% win rate on clay. I believe Ruud will be to much for Roberto today and should advance to the next round.
Note: Draftkings pricing does not allow for an all favorites lineup today. Using the cheat sheet will be key to picking out what underdog to go with today. Keep in mind you need all of your players to win if you expect to win big. In cash you can typically get away with a loss or 2, but still the goal is all wins.
With the above note in mind, we are going to take a look at a cheaper, slight under dog who is worth considering.
Borna Coric- This will be Coric’s first match on clay in the new year. The tournament #4 seed comes in as a 110 underdog. Coric comes in winning 57% of his matches on clay, while Monteiro is at 30%. Monterio is know as a clay courter, but I see Coric winning this today. Plus at his salary he helps fit the high favorites in your lineup.
Note: Pedro Martinez (not the great Boston Red Sox pitcher) is a +160 underdog today, but he is priced like massiver underdog. I have been going back and forth on builds with him in my lineup. at 4500 he opens up getting the best players in your lineup. All he needs is to take a set to pay off his salary.
To help fill out your lineup, grab our amazing cheat sheet below! As I mentioned above, our cheat sheet features all the stats and info you need to build a quality lineup and compete nightly in a difficult sport. Good luck!