Back with another 14 match slate. You can expect an article from us for any decent size slate all season long, so let's dig in! But first, a look at Tennis for those new to it.
- Super difficult sport. One of, if not the most high variance sport. So play smart!
- Slate start times are all over the place, including some middle of the night starts. So be mindful of start times and the fact that a late scratch is potential with Tennis.
- Tennis is not like most sports where you have to pay up for the top plays. There are no James Harden's in Tennis where 1 player can score 40 points more than anybody else on the slate. It is rarely going to be worth paying all the way up for a player unless the slate allows it.
- Be careful about players who double fault a lot.
- Players with high upside AND favorites (as long as the price isn't outrageous) are usually top tier plays.
Now that you have a better feel for Tennis DFS, let's dig in.
Note: Once we get to smaller slates, I am just going to provide 1 under dog play. You can utilize the cheat sheet to easily build an all favorites lineup on most slates, and today's slate is no difference. Or you can take a shot at an under dog which allows you to pay up for some safer plays with better odds. If you wish to do the all favorites lineup, simply utilize the cheat and you will have no issues! Keep in mind that whatever route you go, you need all of your players to win if you expect to win big. In cash you can typically get away with a loss or 2, but still the goal is all wins.
Taro Daniel- Daniel is taking on James Duckworth. Not a lot separates these 2 primarily challenger level players, leading to a fairly tight line with Daniel being a +120 under dog. What I like about Daniel here though is his recent form. Daniel has won 6 straight matches, all without losing a single set. Duckworth, while playing much better players, has lost 2 of his last 3. In a tight match skills wise, I lean the extra confidence Daniel should be playing with as the tie breaker.
To help fill out your lineup, grab our amazing cheat sheet below! As I mentioned above, our cheat sheet features all the stats and info you need to build a quality lineup and compete nightly in a difficult sport. Good luck!