What to expect from this article: I will be breaking down a preferred player pool by position and having notes about specific matchups. Once we see some games played we can possibly provide an expected lineup and formations. Lineups usually release about 30-90 minutes before a game, so my best advice is jump into our Discord Chat and our Team can advise you of lineup plays and questions can be asked. Good Luck!
DFS Soccer Run-down:
On Draftkings you are awarded for crosses and will want players that accumulate stats by playing wide, attacking or on set pieces. When a player is on “Sets” this simply means he is favored to be the player on the ball for corner kicks and free kicks. Each corner kick usually results in a cross and you will see guys accrue a goals worth of fantasy points by crosses alone. Shots on goal are also a juicy stat but much harder to predict. So generally if you hear a guy is on “Sets” then he will be a target for DK and even more so if he is on a betting favorite. DFS Soccer has a lot to do with possession of the ball. The more a team has the ball, then ideally the more. stats they can accrue.
Diagram Key: RED CIRCLES (Set takers/Preferred CASH plays), GREEN CIRCLES (CASH plays), YELLOW SQUARE (GPP plays)…If a Player is underlined in Red it means he has taken SET pieces before and could steal a few.
**Be Sure to check back 30-60 minutes before lock for updates**
Napoli vs. Milan
Top Plays- Lorenzo Insigne/NAP ($8,400)
Sevilla vs. RCD Mallorca
Lucas Ocampos/SFC ($8,500)
Ever Banega/SFC ($7,600)
Joan Jordan/SFC ($5,100)
Note: For a list of our top value plays and more Interleague DFS talk join our Discord Chat!
- I do not Tout GKs for Dfs soccer because anything can happen. Here is my thoughts though for this position.
- Try to not play a GK against your attacking players. Unless it is a small slate (3 games or less).
- I usually don’t like to pay up for GK unless I think the bottom of the pool Keepers could legitimately go negative.
- GKs can be scored on and still be great plays. Saving a shot on goal and giving up a goal can net a zero. Clean sheet bonuses and wins both give you Dfs points but it is much easier to predict shot volume against than predicting clean sheets. I have seen -15000 favorites give up a goal in soccer so nothing is for certain. If you pay at GK for a huge favorite you may not have your GK see any shots at all which severely hampers your upside.
- I usually target the Cheapest GK (normally playing at home) that isn’t against the huge favorites.
Do not forget to get in our Discord Chat. The Author of this article may not play all the plays listed, as these plays could change based of confirmed lineups. This article is meant to help with the lineup production process. Good Luck!