Welcome back Tennis fans! The 2020 season is here and we are starting you off with coverage from day 1. Our industry leading cheat sheet features all the stats you need to build a quality lineup every slate. A few things to remember with Tennis.
- Super difficult sport. One of, if not the most high variance sport. So play smart!
- Slate start times are all over the place, including some middle of the night starts. So be mindful of start times and the fact that a late scratch is potential with Tennis.
- Tennis is not like most sports where you have to pay up for the top plays. There are no James Harden's in Tennis where 1 player can score 40 points more than anybody else on the slate. It is rarely going to be worth paying all the way up for a player unless the slate allows it.
- Be careful about players who double fault a lot.
- Players with high upside AND favorites (as long as the price isn't outrageous) are usually top tier plays
Rebecca Peterson- Peterson is the highest priced player I am interested in today. She is taking on Tamar Zidansek, who is a clay court specialist and weak on hard courts. Peterson has won 5 in row, 6 of her last 7 first round matches, and 10 WTA international level matches in a row. Meanwhile Zidansek has lost 5 of 6, 4 of 5 on hard and 7 in a row in the first round.
Taylor Townsend- Townsend comes in the lower ranked player in both the tour and this tournament compared to opponent Caroline Garcia. This could potentially keep Townsends ownership down in a matchup I like her to win. Garcia is really struggling lately, losing 10 of her last 13 matches on Hard. Townsend on the other hand is starting to realize her potential, winning 11 of her last 14 on hard court.
To help fill out your lineup, grab our amazing cheat sheet! As I mentioned above, our cheat sheet features all the stats and info you need to build a quality lineup and compete nightly in a difficult sport. Good luck and let's have some fun this Tennis season!