Welcome back Tennis fans! The 2020 season is here and we are starting you off with coverage from day 1. Our industry leading cheat sheet features all the stats you need to build a quality lineup every slate. A few things to remember with Tennis.
- Super difficult sport. One of, if not the most high variance sport. So play smart!
- Slate start times are all over the place, including some middle of the night starts. So be mindful of start times and the fact that a late scratch is potential with Tennis.
- Tennis is not like most sports where you have to pay up for the top plays. There are no James Harden's in Tennis where 1 player can score 40 points more than anybody else on the slate. It is rarely going to be worth paying all the way up for a player unless the slate allows it.
- Be careful about players who double fault a lot.
- Players with high upside AND favorites (as long as the price isn't outrageous) are usually top tier plays.
Day 3 is in the books and it was another solid day. We nailed the Jessica Pegula play (76.80) and even predicted the Eugenie Bouchard upset (70.05 at 15% ownership). Stosur lost, which was anticipated, but was able to score 15.55, which was all we needed at her price. Either route you went, paired with the cheat sheet, should have put you in the green! Let's take a look at today's slate.
Elise Mertens- Mertens is taking on the rising Elena Rybakina, who rose an impressive 140 spots in the WTA rankings over the last 12 months. But Rybakina only has 2 top 50 wins to her name while Mertens has only 1 loss to an opponent ranked outside the top 20 since August.
Note: There are typically a few ways to build your Tennis lineups. 1. All favorites. In order to take down a GPP, you need all 6 of your players to win their match. For cash games, you can get away with a loss or two. It is usually possible to build an all favorites lineup, but you will be looking at a few pick em or slight favorite plays to make it work. 2. Take a shot on a punt who you think has a shot to win. This opens up salary to get a few more big favorites and is certainly a viable strategy for cash games. For GPP's, you are hurting your chances unless that punt play picks up the win.
Kateryna Bondarenko- I once again left the above note (and will continue to leave it) so that you can get a feel for how to build your lineups. Draftkings didn't do us any favors here and we are not able to do an all favorites build. Meaning we are going to have to pick an underdog. Today that brings us Bondarenko. We talked about Bondarenko the other day and how big every victory is for her right now as she tries to climb back in the rankings. Look for another scrappy performance from Bondarenko as she gives herself a chance at another upset.
Note:Qiang Wang will be a popular pick as she is only a +130 under dog at 6.7k. Either with Wang or Bondarenko, you are picking an underdog. So who you go with between the 2 really depends on who you are trying to prioritize with your builds.
To help fill out your lineup, grab our amazing cheat sheet below! As I mentioned above, our cheat sheet features all the stats and info you need to build a quality lineup and compete nightly in a difficult sport. Good luck and let's have some fun this Tennis season!