Welcome Basketball fans! I hope everyone had a great Halloween! Tonight we get a solid 8 game slate. The point of this article is a quick breakdown of the teams playing on the slate. It will feature the best plays per team and some GPP plays.
Cleveland Cavaliers (101.25 projected points)
- Kevin Love – Love is having a monster start to the year. Indy is bad vs bigs, look for another big night at lower ownership
- Tristan Thompson – Another Cav who is having a great start to the year. Once again Bigs vs Indy give them problems.
- Darius Garland – The rookie is coming on slow. Averaging over 25 mins a game. Learning the NBA speed. GPP Play
Indiana Pacers (108.75 projected Points)
- Malcolm Brogdon – what a start to the year for him. 51 DK points a game. Averaging 22 real points. Is the leader of this team
- Domantas Sabonis – 22 points and 10 rebounds a game. Works great in the pick and roll with Brogdon. 40+ DK points in 3 of 4 games. (only non 40+ game was vs Cavs)
- Jeremy Lamb – back from injury. Likes to shoot and will shoot a ton (30 shots in 2 games)
- TJ Warren – has picked it up the last 2. Still just an average NBA player, save for GPPs.
Houston Rockets (122 projected points)
- James Harden – Nothing needs to be said about James. STUD
- Russell Westbrook – Still under 10K on Dk. Averaging over 50 DK points a night. Looks to know his role with James. Can still take over a game when he wants to.
- Eric Gordon – 6th man for this team. Streaky shooter. 30+ mins a night.
- Daniel House Jr – Starting SF, gets 28+ mins a night. Role player that is fitting in perfect for this team. Value play
- PJ Tucker – Starting PF for this team. The nitty gritty guy for this team will play D, Rebound and shoot the 3. Love his value for the Rockets.
- Clint Capela – 16 points, 9 rebounds a game. Save for GPPs as he is the 3rd if not 4th option on this team in terms of scoring.
Brooklyn Nets (118.5 projected points)
- Kyrie Irving – Irving is the Nets. Averaging over 35 real points a game. Westy or Harden will be on him and neither like to play a full game of defense.
- Deandre Jordan – big man is finally back. Will work well in pick and roll with Irving, his points come from around the rim, Rebounds and put backs.
- Spencer Dinwiddie – Getting 27+ mins off the bench, leads the 2nd unit and is out there in crunch time.
Milwaukee Bucks (110.25 projected points)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo – You know him, if you can fit him in play him.
- George Hill – Hill is playing better than Bledsoe to start the year. Like the savings of Hill tonight.
- Khris Middleton – Middleton is shooting 41% from 3 to start the year. The Robin to Ante’s Batman.
- Ersan Ilyasova – only 15 mins a game, but putting up over 20 Dk points in those 15 mins.
Orlando Magic (105.75 projected points)
- Jonathan Isaac – The were hoping he would break out soon, and it looks like it might be this year. Averaging over 11 points a game, really picked it up the last 2. Will be tasked with guarding Ante, GPP play.
- Nikola Vucevic – The Magic’s main man. Leads the team in rebounds and is 2nd in points. Not my favorite spot for him tonight.
New York Knicks (102 projected points)
- RJ Barrett – worst game as a pro last time out. Look for a rebound game.
- Wayne Ellington – Lot of injuries at the guard spot for NY. Ellington might get another spot start. 3100 on DK is nice value, but he might not even get 5 DK points (See last game)
- Julius Randle – Someone has to score on a bad Knicks team. Randle is playing good ball early in the season.
- Michael Robinson – What Robinson will we get tonight? That was always the question last year, this year he has been solid averaging over 26 DK points a game. Decent matchup vs Boston with Kanter still out.
Boston Celtics (112.5 projected points)
- Kemba Walker – had a bad 1st game and has put together 3 really good performances for Boston. Can the game stay close enough for him to smash? (Yes)
- Marcus Smart – Smart finally delivered in a Marcus Smart lock night, if Brown is out can he do it again? Maybe, but i don’t play Smart when he is a lock.
- Jason Tatum – My favorite Celtic. Tatum has the all around game. Kid will be a stud for years to come. Averaging 21.5 points a game.
Detroit Pistons (106.75 projected points)
- Andre Drummond – the Pistons are decimated with injuries. Drummond has carried the load. 21 points and 17 rebounds a game. Chicago has NO ONE that can stop him.
- Derrick Rose – Coming off the bench (Might start due to injuries) but i would be careful with him, has a hammy injury himself. Looking like the old D-Rose (Just older)
- Christian Wood – My GPP play of the Night if Morris is out. Wood has shown flashes in his NBA career just hasn’t put it together. if Morris is out Wood is in a great spot vs the Bulls. Watch injury news on Morris.
- Luke Kennard – Kennard has been solid for the Pistons. His salary is a little to high for the fantasy points he is putting up, but with many guys out, he might have to score more for Detroit.
Chicago Bulls (110.25 projected points)
- Zach LaVine – Zach started the year off with a 59.5 fantasy point night, hasnt reach 35 since. GPP play
- Lauri Markkanen – Loved Markkanen when they drafted him. He has the talent to be elite just not putting it all together. Has had a great start to the year, 17 and 9. If Morris is out Lauri will eat.
Los Angels Lakers (109 projected points)
- LeBron James – James isn’t having to do as much with Davis in town. Only 1 50 point fantasy game on the year.
- Anthony Davis – Mr. Walking Band aid himself. I don’t see how the Mavs can slow him down if he plays (Yes he has the Q tag).
- Kyle Kuzma – back in action tonight! He is one of my favorite players in the league, i wouldn’t play him unless maxing out a contest. GPP Play and a light one at that.
Dallas Mavericks (107.5 projected points)
- Luke Doncic – Doncic is an unbelievable talent at his age. Bad last game, but Friday night on ESPN vs LeBron and Lakers, look for Luka to shine.
- Kristaps Porzingis – Porzingis finally had a double digit rebounding game last time out. That is all he is missing from his old days in New York. Fitting in very well with Luka, they can be deadly when both guys are on.
- Dwight Powell – 2nd game back from injury. Expect we see a few more mins tonight (14 last game). This kid is athletic. Once he gets back he will be a starter. Price is low, just not a safe Cash game play.
Utah Jazz (109.75 projected points)
- Donovan Mitchell – picking up where he left off last year. Hasn’t had the monster game yet, is tonight that night vs the Kings?
- Bojan Bogdanovic – 2nd on the team in scoring. Good match up tonight and a great price.
- Rudy Gobert – Disappointing start to the year for the big man. Don’t think Sac can match up with him down low, the problem is, will Utah go to him.
Sacramento Kings (104.25 projected points)
- De’Aaron Fox – Bad game last time vs Utah. Can he turn it around this time at home. GPP play
- Richaun Holmes – Filling in nicely for the injured Bagley. The only king I am looking at tonight other than Fox.
San Antonio Spurs (115.75 projected points)
- DeMar DeRozan – Spurs are on Back 2 Back, watch for him for LMA to sit. If he plays he will smash GSW with no Curry.
- Lamarcus Alridge – Back 2 Back, watch out and don’t get “Popped”. Warriors bigs will not slow him down one bit.
- Bryn Forbes – been starting for SAS, and putting up over 26 DK points a night. at 4400 vs a BAD GSW team, i like the value.
- Derrick White – should be in line to start with Murray sitting on the back 2 back. been playing very well to start the year, and will get some extra minutes tonight.
Golden State Warriors (109.25 projected points)
- Draymond Green – The only big piece left standing. He does a little bit of everything, but i worry the effort wont be as much as he has little help.
- D’Angelo Russell – Time for him to shine. He will be the 1st option on offensive for the Warriors. He will be showcasing himself for the trade deadline.
- Jordan Poole – Started the last game, should be in line for more mins with no Curry .
- Eric Paschall – Looney is still out, Warriors will give their young guys all the mins they want this season. Averaging over 21 DK points a game starting out.
Remember this is a first look at the slate. A lot can and will change as the day goes on. Makes sure to check out the cheat sheet and Mizmatches for more info! And you can join us in slack for up to the date info on injuries and plays.